Book Review: Me Before You

While this may not be a part of the book club, just bare with me. Grab Me Before You. Got it? Good. Now grab a box of tissues. No really, go get them.
I'm not a weepy reader. I don't love a good cry and honestly I don't get people who do.
But this book. It should be sold with a box of tissues.


image via http://www.quirkychic.me/
Focused on the life of Louisa Clark,  a young girl who has never left her small English town, and her job as emotional caretaker of a man, Will Traynor,  who is a quadriplegic. Formerly an adventurous man, who loved to travel, Will sets to broaden Louisa's horizons, while Louisa is charged with ensuring Will enjoys his new life.

Me Before You is a great story at face value but also has great life lessons within the subtext. Even the title suggests a course of action where one should put oneself before others. As I said, sob stories are not my thing, but this book is such a life changer and I wish I could read this book again for the first time. Yeah, it's that good.


Have you read Me Before You? What did you think?


0




0 comments: