The Importance of Seeing Just How Far You've Come


When you are living your life it's hard to see just how much progress you have made, how much you have grown as a person and how different things are than a year before. Sometimes though, we get to see the progress and the result is (typically) amazing. 

Early last winter I was hired to be a Youth Girls Lacrosse Coach. Bringing a sport like Lacrosse to a state like Texas is the ultimate challenge. This state is all about club soccer and it's hard to find your fitting as a club. I've spent the last year teaching girls about a sport that I love and trying to help them become better athletes (and in general people). We've had a lot of losses. A lot of mistakes, fouls and all around embarrassing moments.

I didn't think anything had really changed during that year.

Until this weekend. This weekend we played a tournament all day Saturday and today and my girls killed it. 9 wins, 1 loss and 2 ties. To teams that are more "planted" and to girls with more experience.  My girls showed me just how hard we've worked over this year and the results were amazing. 

It's easy to get caught up in life, to run around, getting jobs done, fulfilling commitments, but I want y'all to remember to sit once and a while and take it all in; see how far you've come. The results may surprise you.
0




0 comments: